sesame ginger noodles
- sesame ginger dressing
- ⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ⅓ cup soy sauce, gluten free amino acids if preferred
- 2 tbsp sesame oil
- 1 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 medium-large clove garlic, finely minced
- 2 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 3 long slices of plain tempeh
- Half a packet thin white rice noodles
- 2 cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1 head boy choy, trimmed and separate into single leaves
- 1 cup purple cabbage, shredded
- half an avocado, skin removed
- spicy dukkah,
- 1 tsp poppy seeds
- 2 tbsp hemp seeds
Firstly, fill a medium sized pot up with water and bring to a boil. This will be cooking your noodles. Once boiling reduce heat to low and set aside.
sesame ginger dressing
- In a jug or small mixing bowl, combine all dressing ingredients. Whisk until well combined. Set aside
heat oil in a small saucepan over medium heat.
evenly sprinkle garlic powder over each side of each tempeh slice.
- add tempeh slices to melted oil and fry on each side 2-3 minutes or until lightly golden and cooked through. remove from heat and set aside.
- add noodles to hot water and warm for 3-5 minutes or cook according to packet instructions.
- with 1 minute remaining on your noodles, add all the vegetables into the water with the noodles, spinach leaves, boy choy and cabbage. blanch the vegetables until bright and vibrant, approx. 30 seconds - 1 minute.
- remove from heat and drain noodle vegetable mixture. add to a serving bowl.
- sprinkle dukkah and poppy seeds over the halved avocado and add to bowl.
- top with cooked tempeh, hemp seeds and prepared sesame ginger dressing.
serve and enjoy!